Hip pain can be debilitating. It can affect people of all ages and all walks of life. We see a lot of people with hip pain who tell us things like “it hurts getting out of bed or even just getting out of a chair”. Often the pain builds up slowly over time and gradually takes over peoples lives. Some of our patients love to walk. But they found that the further they walked the worse the hip pain would get. So they started walking less and less, and in some cases stopped all together. It can get to the point that simple things like putting shoes on can become hard work
- Have difficulty getting out of a chair because of pain?
- Feel increased pain getting out of the car after driving for 45 minutes or more?
- Find that pain increases when walking?
- Have trouble crossing your legs?
- Find that your legs can give way without warning?
- Find the pain seems to be worse when getting out of bed in the morning?
- Have pain that refers down the leg?
- Feel sick and tired of taking pain killers just to get through the day?
- Have trouble sleeping on one side?
- Get woken at night because of pain?
- Feel like pain is preventing you from living an active lifestyle?
Find Out ‘Exactly’ What is Causing Your Hip Pain
Get an Answer
Unfortunately, too many people put the pain down to “old age” or say “it’s just arthritis”. Sometimes they are right, but often they are wrong – so they needlessly suffer.
Our suggestion is to get an accurate diagnosis.
Discuss your hip pain with one of our experienced chiropractors. Each has at least 5 years of university training, and continually upgrade their knowledge and skills.
To diagnose your hip pain, we will perform a comprehensive examination that can include:
- Orthopaedic testing
- Neurological testing
- Postural analysis
- Gait analysis
- Digital Weight Bearing X-Ray
Discuss Treatment Options
Once we diagnose the cause of your hip pain, we will discuss our findings with you. Sometimes this will mean we recommend you see a surgeon, but in many cases we are able to offer a treatment program that can include:
- Trigger Point Release Therapy
- Rehabilitative Exercise Program
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Heel Lifts
- Spinal Traction
Watch this Video: Hip X-Rays
Your Active Life – Regained and Maintained
We will discuss lifestyle modifications and techniques. This will help you in your recovery and prevent the return of pain.
Why We are ‘Different’
We are no ‘ordinary clinic’. Our team cares. Each of us are advocates of better health and have our own ‘health story’. We know what it’s like to live in pain, how to treat it, and we want to help.
Enjoy our warm and friendly environment. Relax knowing that you are in the hands of a professional team who will treat you with respect, honesty and genuine care.
We are proud of our team, our practice and our results.See for yourself.